WANTED SEX OFFENDER: Lancashire Police are appealing for help to find a missing sex offender who was last seen in St Helens

Christopher Spelman, 57, whose last known address was in Liverpool, was convicted of a number of historic sex offences against a girl under 14 which happened in Carnforth in 2014.

 Christopher Spelman

He is wanted for breaching his notification requirements after he failed to register his new address in Cheshire in December 2016.

The last reported sighting of him was in the St Helens area within the last three weeks.

DS Angela Grey from the Sex Offenders Management Unit said: “We are continuing our enquiries to locate Christopher Spelman who was most recently spotted in the St Helens area. If anyone has seen him or has any information on his current whereabouts I would urge them to contact us as soon as possible.”

Christopher Spelman

He may have grown a full beard and is previously known to have camped outdoors.

If you have any information that could help locate Christopher Spellman,

please call 101 or contact the Sex Offenders Management Unit on 01772 209101 or email [email protected]

Northumbria Police are appealing for information after a teenager was raped at People’s Park in Ashington

Police have launched an investigation following a rape that happened between 6 and 7pm on Wednesday, 26 April at the People’s Park in Ashington. The 16 year old victim was walking through the park when she was attacked from behind and raped.

The male is described as white in his late 20s, around 5’6” tall, medium build with very short dark hair. He was wearing a dark tracksuit and blue Nike Air trainers.

 

If anyone was in the park at that time please contact Northumbria Police on 101 quoting reference 366 28417 or call Crimestoppers anonymously is 0800 555 111.

Detective Sergeant Sandra Tiffin said: “We’re asking for help from the community and would ask for anyone with information about the incident to contact officers. While we’re treating this as an isolated incident we do have extra patrols in the area.”

A man has today has been sentenced for more than 11 years after shooting and seriously injuring a 15 year-old boy

Steven Thompson, 39, who lived on Hewitt Avenue, Sunderland has been sentenced to 11 years and 10 months for grievous bodily harm, possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, possession of a firearm and perverting the course of justice.

Steven Thompson

Officers were called to Hewitt Avenue on October 5th last year after reports a 15 year-old boy had been injured while travelling on a motorbike. When the police arrived, the victim was found with a wound to his head caused by an air weapon.

 

Detective Inspector Ed Small who led the investigation believes the victim is lucky to be alive but admits his life has changed forever.

 

“This has truly been an awful incident and Thompson’s actions have left this poor young man with severe life-changing injuries. The victim has been extremely brave throughout this investigation and he really is trying to get his life back. No 15 year-old should have their freedom or dignity taken away from them in this way.

 

“I also want to commend the victims family for their dignity and support throughout. This has been a living nightmare for this family and I hope today’s outcome can help these people move on with their lives with some sense of justice being done.

 

“It gives a stark warning the dangers of using any sort of air weapon irresponsibly and that devastating injuries they can cause.”

“On the 5th October 2016 I was shot in the head whilst riding on the back of my friends moped. This was the day that my life changed forever. Physically and mentally my life has changed beyond recognition, this will continue for the rest of my life. Prior to October 5th I loved my life especially being outdoors and participating in outdoor activities especially swimming, cycling, walking and canoeing. My family and I went on active holidays in the Lake District and Scotland. I was a full of life teenager and had a large group of friends. I always had fun with them.

 

“I don’t remember being shot or anything leading up to the incident but I do remember waking up in intensive care and thinking I can’t move, the reality was that I couldn’t actually move. I couldn’t speak properly or even lift my head up. I had lost my dignity and I couldn’t even go to the toilet without assistance. I was disabled. I felt like my life had been taken away from me, I was a shell of my former self.

 

“After weeks of this I thought I was in a living nightmare and at times I wanted to die. I wasn’t me anymore and I felt so depressed. I’m a 15 year old young lad with my whole life ahead of me. I used to be full of energy and life but now I feel weak all of the time. I feel anxious, scared and worried all of the time. This leads to me being angry and frustrated I can’t do the things I want to and I will never be able to follow my dream of a career in construction.

 

“The person who did this has shown no remorse whatsoever. How can anyone do this to a child then leave them dying in the middle of a road and walk away? He then lied to the police which made it even harder for me to take. He even tried to get rid of the evidence. What kind of person never mind a father could do this? I want him to know that I nearly died. But he won’t be bothered about that. He is only concerned about himself.

 

“Despite all of the surgery, the pain and heartache I am better than that. I have the fight and determination to make my life better, and I will. He won’t make me feel like this forever. I just want to get back to being my old self. I will get there one day. I wish to also thank all of the doctors and nursing staff who have enabled me to get to this point in my life where I can now look forward to a better future.

Victim statement.

Michael Butler

POLICE ARE CURRENTLY HUNTING FOR CONVICTED PAEDO NELSON BURTON

Police are currently trying to locate sex offender Nelson Burton who was jailed for 16 years in absence.

Nelson Burton, 75 who lives close to Seamer, North Yorkshire.

He was was charged and later convicted for attempted rape, 12 counts of indecent assault on a female and four counts of gross indecency against a child.

Burton, of Hillfield Close, Seamer, was due to appear at Newcastle Crown Court on Thursday April 13, but failed to turn up.
A Northumbria Police spokesman said:

“Anyone who has any information on Burton’s location should contact the police on 101.

Anyone who sees him is advised not to approach him but to call 999 immediately.

 

 

Internet pervert snared by Dark Justice who posed as 13-year-old girl JAILED

Michael Butler, 33, from Redcar, was caught as he travelled to Newcastle to meet the girl.

Convicted sex offender Michael Butler, 33, from Redcar , was still sending texts to the girl as he travelled to meet her after grooming her online.

But waiting for him at Newcastle Central Station were members of Dark Justice, an organisation which aims to catch online predators in sting operations.

The group then handed him over to the police.

Prosecutor Harry Hadfield told Teesside Crown Court that Butler was on bail that day on March 26 when he expected to meet her for sex.

Butler had asked the girl to send him sexual images of herself, but she told him that she had learning difficulties.

He had served a 15 months jail sentence for sexual activity with a girl under 13 and attempting to arrange sexual contact with a child which was imposed at Burnley Crown Court in July 2014.

Butler was given a 10-year Sexual Offences Prevention Order banning him from having contact with children under 16 and from using the internet unchecked.

He breached that by making friends with a stallholder on Redcar market and associating with his three young children.

He also used his mobile phone to view child abuse images/videos and deleted the history. But his public protection police officer was suspicious and an internet expert retrieved the evidence.

Mr Hadfield said that Butler had also used the name Michael Smith, without notifying the police what he had done.

He said that “The child” invited Butler to meet her at the railway station and he was chatting to her by text on the way.

Paul Cleasby, defending, said that no meeting could have taken place and there had not been any harm.

He said that there was no suggestion that Butler had committed any sexual offences against the market man’s children.

Mr Cleasby added: “In mitigation he has given early pleas of guilty and he hopes that during the inevitably lengthy prison sentence it will allow sufficient time for him to work with the authorities to minimise the risk that he is supposed to pose.

“He is realistic, he accepts that a significant custodial sentence will follow.”

Judge Peter Armstrong told Butler: “I take the view that in the course of the text messages it was indicated to you that this girl named Amy was a vulnerable child, but nevertheless you persisted in meeting her.

“Clearly penetrative sexual activity was intended.”
The judge added:

“You are clearly assessed as being someone with a high risk of sexual offending towards children.

“The Sexual Offences Prevention Order has not prevented that episode by you but happily no child has been sexually assaulted by you.

“I hope that the sentence I pass on you will enable you to undergo sexual treatment while in custody.”

Butler, of Queen Street, Redcar, was jailed for three and a half years after he pleaded guilty to two breaches of a SOPO, failing to comply with a notification requirement over the name change, attempted sexual grooming and accessing the Internet without informing his supervising officer.

He must register as a sex offender for life.

 

Kayleigh Haywood murder documentary to be aired on Channel 5 this Thursday

A Channel 5 documentary about Kayleigh Haywood, called ‘Murder on the internet’ will be aired Thursday, 27th at 10pm.

The 13-year-old schoolgirl was groomed online over a period of 13 days in 2015 by Luke Harlow, before she agreed to meet him.

Two days later, Kayleigh was raped and murdered by Harlow’s next door neighbour, Stephen Beadman.

Following a trial at Nottingham crown court both men were jailed.

Harlow was sentenced to prison for 12 years, and Beadman to life with a recommendation that he serve a minimum of 35 years behind bars.

The documentary features interviews with Detective Inspector Simon Shuttleworth, who was the deputy investigating officer in the case. It also features interviews with Kayleigh’s mother Stephanie, and with Miranda Moore QC who successfully prosecuted Harlow and Beadman at court.

As well as focusing on the investigation, the documentary will also highlight how Leicestershire Police made a short documentary titled ‘Kayleigh’s Love Story’ (watch below).

Kayleigh’s Love Story has since been viewed by 30 million people online.

27th April 2017, 10PM – Channel 5.

CAN YOU HELP LOCATE A MISSING 12-YEAR-OLD BOY?

Stephen Walton from Newcastle was reported missing on Thursday April 20. It is believed he is with family members.

He is described as 4ft 10 inches tall, blonde hair, blue eyes, slim build and was last seen wearing a grey Adidas tracksuit, black Nike trainers.

Enquiries are on-going to locate him and anyone with information is asked to contact Northumbria Police on 101 quoting reference 874 200417.

A CHILLING CHALLENGE known as the ‘Blue Whale challenge’ linked to over 100 teenage deaths has hit the UK!

Parents in the UK are being warned of a worrying ‘game’ on social media which has been linked to the death of more than 100 children in Russia.

Tragic schoolgirl Yulia Konstantinova, 15, posted this picture of a blue whale on Instagram shortly before jumping to her death

One school in the South East has written to parents to inform them of “The Blue Whale Game” which is played across multiple social media platforms.

Players of the game are given a master who has to give them tasks to do for 50 days straight.

The game starts innocently enough, then later instructs players to self-harm (including carving a blue whale into their forearm), watch scary films and wake up at unusual hours of the night, according to The Sun.


Once a player accepts to do the game there is “NO WAY BACK” and that if the player ties to quit/leave the game that they will track them down.
The “masters” then set their last challenge on the 50th day, which is for the player to take their own life, in order to “win the game”.

One school in Basildon is so worried, they have already written to parents warning them of the game and its potential dangers, according to Essex Live.

The letter was sent by Woodlands School’s deputy headteacher David Wright to warn parents and reads: “We have discovered a game through the police that we feel you should be aware of,” it reads.

“As you already know from my previous letters, we have a duty of care for our pupils and are striving to do all we can to ensure that you are given the latest information to help safeguard our young people.

“It is called The Blue Whale Game and is played via many social media platforms. Players are given a master who controls them for 50 days and each day they are given a task to complete.

“One task might be to wake up in the middle of the night and they steadily escalate with another take being for them to scratch a blue whale somewhere on their body.

“On the 50th day the masters behind the game instruct the young people to commit suicide and sadly across the world some have done this.

“Please continue to support us in keeping all our young people safe and should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.”

Most people who are thinking of taking their own life have shown warning signs beforehand.

These can include becoming depressed, showing sudden changes in behaviour, talking about wanting to die and feelings of hopelessness.

These feelings do improve and can be treated.

If you are concerned about someone, or need help yourself, please contact the Samaritans by phoning 116 123.